God’s Design for Gender
- Will we be honest about the way sin contaminates God’s good gifts?
- Read and discuss James 1:16-17
- In what ways does sin pervert my view of masculinity or femininity?
- Are we willing to give thanks to God for differences?
- What differences are you thankful for? Can you honestly pray, “Thank you God for making me a man? A woman?”
- Will we make the best use of our unity and diversity in Jesus?
- What direction does my masculinity or femininity face?
- Internal: turned in on itself, “you need to serve me”, “you exist to take care of me”
- External: focused on career, projects, distracted by hobbies, disconnected and uninvolved
- Missional: Do you pursue an overarching purpose? God designed men and women for a mission much bigger than themselves.
- How do you use your God-given gift of masculinity or femininity? Within God’s gift of marriage? Within God’s gift of singleness?