We see that our salvation and all its parts are comprehended in Christ. – John Calvin
Read Luke 9:28-36: What “scaffolding” is blinding you to Christ?
- What relationships must you have? What cravings do you seek to satisfy What do you think you need in order to be happy? To be at peace? To feel safe and secure? To feel loved and accepted?
- What “scaffolding” have you erected in your life in place of or in addition to Jesus Christ?
- Read 1 Corinthians 3:11
- Fast forward to the end of your life: Imagine yourself standing before a holy God and He asks you what you have to say for yourself?
- What is your response?
- Read Acts 4:11-12
- Now, back to the present: If Jesus is enough for the greatest trial you will ever face—standing before a holy God—is Jesus enough for you right now?
- How is God challenging or changing you right now? What “scaffolding” has He revealed that needs to come down in your life? Share with your group.
- Feel free to pray this prayer over the group:
Lord, help us, for we are often lukewarm and chill; unbelief mars our confidence, sin makes us forget thee.
Let the weeds that grow in my soul (or the “scaffolding we erect) be cut at their roots;
Grant me to know that I truly live only when I live to thee, that all else is trifling.
Thy presence alone can make me holy, devout, strong and happy.
Abide in me, gracious God. (Adapted from The Valley of Vision, p. 129)